Links

Friday 10 April 2015

Otaku Collection #4 | 10th April 2015

Note: This collection update was sorted on the 1st April 2015 but due to other things going on I delayed this post for quite some time. Luckily I didn't buy anything between these couple of days aside from one film which ended up in another location.

Well it's been a long time since I made a complete collection update. I decided this month was the best time to make one since I will be getting more over in the summer and I didn't want to leave it any longer. This collection update is much bigger than the last one but luckily I was able to fit everything on the shelf I added for the third update back in September.


As usual, the Otaku Collection updates contain anime, manga, asian cinema films and anything related to these topics. So let's begin!


View 1:


The first row has changed slightly in contrast to the previous update. I moved my Region 2 (UK) DVDs to a different row and replaced them with the miscellaneous sets, Anime Limited Collector's Edition sets and Japanese import sets. The UK Blu-rays are still there since there isn't any other place for them. There are no new additional titles for the UK Blu-rays since the quality got worse and I've been busy getting the US or Japanese versions instead. Now I did however get some more Anime Limited sets with HAL and Kill la Kill Box #1, both of which look great on the shelf. I will be getting more Anime Limited sets this year. Another difference is that I now own a Nozomi/Rightstuf set and Sentai Filmworks' new Collector's Edition boxes with Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! and Martian Successor Nadesico. The Kickstarter version of Time of Eve: The Movie is another addition to the shelf courtesy of Pied Piper and Anime Limited.

View 2:


The second row is where my Funimation sets take over (as well as some Sentai Filmworks and Viz Media sets). Now the biggest difference in this update is that I now had to expand my Limited Edition sets because I have a lot more now. The second row in the previous update had my asian cinema films, R.O.D. thin box, Anime Limited Collector's Edition sets, Gunbuster vs Diebuster Blu-ray Box and the standard Blu-ray sets from US. This time I now have the standard Blu-ray sets and the first third of the Funimation Limited Editions.

The third row contains the rest of my Funimation Limited Edition sets. Back in September I had at least 30, now I have about 39. The new additions were; Attack on Titan Part 2, Ben-To, Blood-C, Cowboy Bebop, High School DxD New, Senran Kagura, Shakugan no Shana Final, Space Dandy and Unbreakable Machine Doll. In terms of how many I have left to collect, there 11 Limited Edition sets and 1 Premium Edition (which I may dismiss since the packaging isn't up to my expectations). 4 left from 2013, 2 left from 2014 and 6 left from 2015. I have already pre-ordered at least 3 Limited Editions (one of them is Premium) from the Q2 line-up.

View 3:


The fourth row is pretty spoilt. Here's my entire Aniplex of America collection, as well as my Anime Limited Ultimate Edition sets and NIS America Premium Edition collection. The biggest addition to this row is the number of Aniplex sets I picked up since the previous update with Anohana the Movie, Fate/Zero, Nekomonogatari Black, Nisemonogatari and Sword Art Online now included. There are still more to get but at least I pretty much nearly caught up with this publisher (besides the single volume types, I nearly own all of the original Chipboard sets still available; Blue Exorcist is left as well as Fate/Zero Part 2 and perhaps even Durarara!!). Between the Aniplex and other sets I also have a folder which was a gift from a friend who went to Japan.

View 4:


The fifth row is where I moved all of my UK DVD sets. Yes I intentionally placed the Visual Novels next to Studio Ghibli DVDs, no one looks at my shelf anyway. Anywho, the same row also contains my manga as well as the Japanese Akame ga Kill Zero manga and Final Fantasy Type-0 manga (which was exclusive to the Type-0 HD Collector's Edition). I went with the size order for the manga after watching a video from Immortalium about how he places his manga on his shelf.

The sixth and final row contains the rest of my manga in addition to my light novels, the smexy High School of the Dead Full Color Editions and The Walking Dead comic book compendiums. Akame ga Kill! Zero, All You Need Is Kill, Chobits, Final Fantasy Type-0, Naruto and Terra Formars are the only new additions to the manga section with more volumes added to Attack on Titan. The Visual Novels are also new to the collection with each of them being rated 18+ eroges for obvious reasons.

View 5:


Here is my manga box sets. The only new addition is the second One Piece manga set which covers volumes 24 to 46 (Skypiea, Water Seven and the first volume of Thriller Bark). I do want to get more box sets this year but the pricing can be an issue. Also included in this view is a Japanese Newtype magazine from August 2013 that covered the Monogatari series: Second Season anime, and also my Bakemonogatari Trial Deck cards are there (originally placed on row 4 from the previous update).

View 6:


This area is where I have placed my PlayStation 3 games as well as my asian cinema Blu-rays. The newest additions to my PS Japanese Import collection are Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, Initial D: Extreme Stage, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. for PS3 and Dekamori Senran Kagura Shinovi Pack for Vita. For the asian films I have added the steelbooks for Black Butler and Yurusarezaru Mono.

View 7-9: 


These ones are my wall scrolls from MCM Comic Con while the 9th photo is the Monogatari poster that came with the Japanese Newtype magazine. Found it very ironic when this turned out to be the same image that was on my wallpaper (via laptop) at the time.

And finally here's a good view of my shelf:


That's it for this update! I feel very proud to pick up some of those titles that I thought I couldn't get in the end, Sword Art Online for example was probably the worst situation I had with anime so far. I will try and avoid that kind of situation again.

So when will we expect a fifth update? Who knows, probably at the end of the year but it depends on how I handle my industrial placement year (work experience for University students basically).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive