Links

Saturday 1 April 2017

Otaku Collection 2017: March Update | NieR Automata T-Shirt! NieR Automata T-Shirt! NieR Automata T-Shirt! S**t Anime Haul!

March has been a busy month for me due to Uni assignments getting in the way, but I did get a bunch of anime from MCM Birmingham. There's also a few other things I managed to grab.

The March haul contains 13 different items; 2 of which are video games.


#1 | Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
The first item of the month was from the eBay haul I did at the end of February. I noticed the prices of the first release was going up due to the New Price Edition taking over, and I stumbled upon the first release on eBay (UK seller as well) and managed to win the bid. I played the game a long time ago and I'm happy to own it now.

You can view the unboxing here.


#2 | Full Metal Panic!
The next item of the month was another pre-order paid off in February, I decided to acquire this bundle from Anime Limited's shop for £40 rather than go after the other releases out there (UK Ultimate Edition and Funimation sets). The bundle includes the first season, FUMOFFU and The Second Raid on Blu-ray with a box to hold all three. The box itself is pretty cool.

You can view the unboxing here.


#3 | NieR Automata
Third item of the month and the first paid off at the same time is the sequel NieR Automata, with the T-Shirt. During my free time I played this game because I am a huge fan of the first game, which was a sequel/spin-off to the first Drakengard game. NieR Automata is unique in terms of its story is told through multiple playthroughs and has a ton of genres into one game; Action RPG, side-scrolling, bullet hell and even a text adventure. I literally just finished the game at the time of this post so I'm happy to say that the game is an improvement over the original (but I still prefer the characters of the first game; can't beat Emil, Kaine, Nier and Weiss). The T-Shirt fits also which is neat.


#4 | Serial Experiments Lain
Lain was paid off back in January from the MVM 20% off sale. I generally don't bother with MVM sets but I decided to pick this one up because it was a pretty good price for a nice box and some cool art. It's a show that I've been meaning to get into for years so I'm happy to finally own it and will check it out when I get these Uni stuff sorted.

You can view the unboxing here.


#5 | Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie Trilogy
I was not expecting another Gundam title for a while but I now own the Movie Trilogy compilation of the Gundam 79 series. This is the canon version of that show so I'll be watching this before starting Zeta.

You can view the unboxing here.


#6 | MCM Birmingham Comic Con Haul
The thing about MCM was that I had been debating on whether I would actually get a ton of stuff prior to going, and when I arrived I didn't realise that the booth Gundam Mad was hosting actually had decent prices. The first item I immediately wanted to own was Blood Blockade Battlefront, because I had intended on getting the set back in November but I went for Tatami instead. The price threw me off guard because it ended up being £35 instead of £40. The second set of items were Funimation UK titles, mainly because they were £20-25 each and I honestly can't import every title out there so I may as well get the UK version since the discs are exactly the same. No-Rin was priority because I wanted to check it out (and the US set was Region A locked) plus it was £20; Mikagura School Suite was second as I watched 4 episodes prior and liked it enough to get it for £20 also; and as a blind-buy Absolute Duo for £25. The last two ended up being Samurai Flamenco Part 2 and Fate/Kaleid Season 1. SamFlam was bought because I already had Part 1 and I've seen the show so it was just a matter of time to get it. Fate/Kaleid was a mixed bag decision; the later seasons are too risky for the UK's BBFC rating system but at the same time the UK set for Season 1 was really nice and it's £20. I'll be getting the Sentai version for Season 2 onwards.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:
 - Absolute Duo
 - Blood Blockade Battlefront
 - Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
 - Mikagura School Suite
 - No-Rin
 - Samurai Flamenco Part 2


#7 | Persona 3 the Movie 2
Ordered last month and had a slight push-back, the second Persona 3 film has arrived. Much like the first film, this set is also nicely done and I like how they got the poster for the back cover of the box. I may wait until I have all four films before starting them but we'll see.

You can view the unboxing here.


#8 | Onimonogatari
Last item received this month was a random pickup. Article 50 is officially a thing and I feared the rate would get worse on the day and it surprisingly didn't go too bad but in any case I got another Monogatari Aniplex set out of the way. I plan to get Koi and Hana in the next coming months to complete the Second Season show.

You can view the unboxing here.

----

And that's it for this month's haul. Another pretty huge haul unexpectedly considering I ended up overspending but I wanted to get them out of the way since you sometimes don't get a good deal at times.

This April (as of now) I have the following to expect:
Amagami SS
Amagami SS+
Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone
Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?
Persona 5
The Silver Case

I will be getting more titles in late April & May but I don't plan on overdoing it (I hope not) this Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive