Links

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Otaku Collection 2017: February Update | Catching up with Bargains, Vita, & Rarities

February has come to a close and this is pretty much where I spent most of my spare funds on. It was the month where most of the items were bargain offers while a couple were sets that I had to get out of the way sooner or later.


The February haul contains 17 different items; 6 of which are video games which is an interesting note.


#1 | Part 2s of Eureka Seven & Eureka Seven AO
First few items of the month is an Amazon US order I made back in January. Originally supposed to include Sekirei I had to adjust the order because it wasn't getting dispatched at all due to the lack of stock for it. It arrived just as February started but this finally means that I have acquired the remaining Part 2 sets from Funimation now. Sure there's Space Dandy left but it's noted as Season 2 so... but no worries about that one there's still time.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:
 - Eureka Seven Part 2
 - Eureka Seven Astral Ocean Part 2


#2 | Persona 3 the Movie 1
I was originally going to import the Japanese limited editions but I wanted to wait until I had beaten Persona 3 on the PS2 (via PS3 since it was a digital download). By the time I finished it the rate got worse and as such I couldn't afford them anymore but Anime Ltd acquired the film and released them in these nice sets. The upside to getting the UK CEs is the fact that we'll have translated booklets for all four films, whereas Aniplex only bothered with around half of them.

You can view the unboxing here.


#3 | Blade Arcus, Knights of Sidonia Season 2, Sekirei, Sword Art Online EX, and Persona 4 DAN
Next up I ended up with five different parcels in the same day. Blade Arcus from Shining EX is the next video game import from Japan for the month, it's a SEGA fighting game and I bought it for my society's games night and overall it's a pretty good game. No customs as well. Then we have Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine which arrived without any damage done to it because Amazon US is known for causing issues. For the price I paid I'm satisfied. Then we finally have Sekirei, I had to switch to Rightstuf to get this show and it's the Classics version but I'm not fussed since it's out of print now. Sword Art Online Extra Edition I bought from the AUKN marketplace since the seller wanted to get rid of it, I actually debated on this for about a week until I finally decided to go ahead and buy it. This is actually out of print so I got a really good deal for it. And finally we have Persona 4 Dancing All Night, though oddly enough I ended up with the North American version despite buying it from Amazon UK. I'm not too fussed about it anyway.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:
 - Blade Arcus from Shining EX
 - Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine
 - Sekirei & Sekirei Pure Engagement
 - Sword Art Online: Extra Edition


#4 | Ys: Memories of Celceta
A day later I received Ys: Memories from Celceta, this one took a little bit longer to arrive from Amazon but I'm glad that I finally picked it up, been wanting to try this game out for years now.


#5 | Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Part 1
It may have taken months but I finally have Zeta Gundam, well the first half that is. This is a really nice set overall and while the spine on the box isn't perfect it's not that distracting. I won't watch the set yet until I have acquired Part 2, but I'm glad to see Gundam is slowly coming back for the UK.

You can view the unboxing here.



#6 | Eden of the East
A few days later Eden of the East arrived. This is a really nice set and considering I went for the early bird deal back in September, this is a bargain. The discs are the same as the Manga UK and Funimation sets but overall it's a very satisfying package.

You can view the unboxing here.


#7 | Demon Gaze, and Neptunia Re;Birth1
Earlier in the month I bought four Vita games, two of them arrived mid-way in the month (Persona 4 DAN and Ys) and now the other two arrived also. Both Demon Gaze and Neptunia Re;Birth1 have been on my list to get for quite sometime and since VideoGamesPlus had a Free Worldwide Shipping promotion (which has now extended to the end of March) for any orders $50CAN [£30] or above, I finally ordered them. They also dodged customs which is nice. I haven't played both games yet but out of the two Neptunia is more likely since I want to catch up with the Vita instalments (in fact the reason I put off Re;Birth was because I wanted to finish off the PS3 trilogy first).


#8 | Aldnoah Zero Season 1, Fuse, Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX, and Tokyo ESP
The last haul of the month were all bargain prices. I saved £40 each for Aldnoah Zero and Tokyo ESP, saved a couple quid for Fuse, and saved a heck ton for Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX because the game has been sold out virtually everywhere or released at high prices. Project Mirai DX is also the first Nintendo 3DS game I've bought since August 2015 so it's been a while lol. Aldnoah Zero is an interesting case because it's an Aniplex show and it's one of the couple shows I have decided to switch plans from US to UK as a result, but at least I saved a heck ton of cash.

You can view the unboxings for the following here:
 - Aldnoah Zero Season 1
 - Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
 - Tokyo ESP

----

And that's it for this month's haul. Another pretty huge haul and while I overdid it again I did save myself quite a lot of cash at the same time for later down the line. A couple titles were also paid off during February also and will arrive soon.

This March (as of now) I have the following to expect:
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Full Metal Panic! / FUMOFFU / The Second Raid
NieR Automata
Persona 3 the Movie -#2 Midsummer Knight's Dream-
Serial Experiments Lain

...and also a few more that I can get from MCM Comic Con Birmingham.

This April (at the very least the early part) I have these lot to expect:
Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?
Persona 5
The Silver Case

I changed plans and got DanMachi paid off now than waiting for dispatch due to the impending damage to the rate that's going to happen sometime in March. If I'm lucky I may squeeze in a Monogatari arc if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive