Links

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Manga Collection Update: Attack on Titan, Haruhi Suzumiya, Is This a Zombie?

Went to visit Cambridge today to locate HMV since bigger cities mean bigger stores. Found HMV and noticed the anime they had, including the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood BD Collection box which looks a bit meh to be quite honest. Panty & Stocking was there as well, quite pricey. I also saw Bakuman available, facepalm'd since KAZE fucked it up and it's still being sold.

Sadly none of them were on sale (not even Welcome to the Space Show which has been on sale a few times in various HMV places). Was considering Evangelion 2.22 CE for £11 but went for some films in the '3 for £20' deal; Chronicle, Enter the Dragon and Hangover Part II, all on Blu-ray.


So I got some manga instead in Waterstones, they had quite a lot when I last checked back in February (I got Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist and Neon Genesis Evangelion back then). I was going to get some Gantz manga since the reception was quite positive and has ended just recently but sadly Volume 1 wasn't available.

So in the end I picked three Volume 1's from three different mangas:

Attack on Titan
Is This a Zombie?
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Attack on Titan has been going on quite a lot in the media, the anime has been doing well and already been licensed for UK, USA and France has almost got a set released in stores. Found Volume 1 available so I thought why not.

Is This a Zombie? was available and the series has had two seasons (Season 1 on DVD by MVM next month and Season 2 DVD in Q3 2013 for USA and UK). Looks quite thin but I guess there's plenty to offer,

Haruhi Suzumiya was a manga I had been aiming to read for quite a while and I found it for £6 which was a good offer.

That's it for this update, I have three pieces of anime arriving in the next few weeks then there'll be nothing more until August time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive