Links

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Anime Collection Update: Black Lagoon, Ga-Rei: Zero, High School of the Dead OVA and Sword of the Stranger

Time for a second experiment with importing! Back in April 2013, I bought my first imported anime; Baka & Test Season 1 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) and it was compatible with Region A and B for Blu-ray and Region 1,2 and 4 for DVDs. Now I recently found out that Samsung Home Cinema players can actually be turned region free without any tough instructions (like most players as they require all-in-one controllers) so after noticing the code worked without knowing it would work on anything outside R2 I bought some more imports.

A week later, my package arrived today and out of the 4 animes in the box, two of them are from USA. The following items I bought are as follows:

Black Lagoon - Complete Series (Season 1 and 2) - Blu-ray / DVD Combo
Region: A (Blu-ray), 1 (DVD)
Ga-Rei: Zero - Complete Series (Limited Edition) - Blu-ray / DVD Combo
Region: AB (Blu-ray), 1 & 4 (DVD)
High School of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead OVA Special - DVD
Region: 2 (DVD)
Sword of the Stranger - Blu-ray
Region: B (Blu-ray)

Now what does this mean next? Well I guess I can finally get Oreimo Season 1 on DVD, or maybe even The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, or perhaps Future Diary when it comes out. But I have planned to get Black Butler as well.

Expect more anime pickups this friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About this blog

My photo
Member of the Anime UK News forum, and also once part of the Sheffield Hallam Visual Arts society throughout 2013-2017. Been collecting anime since 2012 and supported the anime distributors ever since. Also been hanging around on the Blu-ray forum and Fandom Post forums.

Blog Archive